Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Lockwood <es...@lochnetsystems.com> on 2004/08/09 19:58:38 UTC

Keep-together

I saw some earlier postings on problems with keep-together when there
are fo:blocks inside table rows but never saw an answer. It seems that
when you have a table row with multiple fo:blocks then FOP allows it to
break to the next page ignoring the keep-together.

My table rows are all defined as:
    <fo:table-row keep-with-previous="always" keep-with-next="always">

My data contains tags to indicate line breaks (<br/>). My style sheet
replaces all <br/> tags with:
    <fo:block space-before="13pt" space-after="0pt">
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </fo:block>

If data inside a table containes any of these added fo:blocks then that
row is allowed to break to the next page if necessary. I really need a
way to keep the table together.

FOP claims to support keep-togther in table rows but this behaviour
seems to suggest table rows do not even work correctly (or am I doing
something wrong?). Does anyone have any insight on this.

Thanks!

donate his code for rendering documents in AFP format. I would like to request
the fop-developers to consider this seriously as there are many AFP users
around (in the mainframe World) and would like to have this renderer.
I don't know whether a poll from user community will help. If this can not be
done for any reason, we can atleast let the community know that they have to
check with fop-dev before taking this up with their company for possible
donation so that good souls like Pete need not waste time.
Thanks
-Rajendran

Re: Keep-together

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Steve Lockwood wrote:
> My table rows are all defined as:
>    <fo:table-row keep-with-previous="always" keep-with-next="always">

You probably want to try
  <fo:table-row keep-toghether="always">

J.Pietschmann