Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/04/04 12:52:29 UTC

Re: Jira or github?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 14:08, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 17:24, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 16:57, Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > asking can't hurt. If there is a flag we can set they know it for sure,
> > > if there isn't we would have to ask anyway :)
> >
> > True!  Have asked them to proceed anyway -
>
> I'm still waiting on infra@ about this, but will chase up.  In the
> meantime, I've put up the notice that goes with it at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/NETBEANS-6470

Just a note that the permissions scheme on JIRA was finally changed to
match the linked issue above last week.

This means that new tickets on JIRA can only be created by PMC /
committers.  Hopefully there isn't an ongoing need for that(!)  If you
do feel a need to, please don't set to blocker, so that the existing
notice about GitHub move stays on top.

Comments should still be open to all, so that existing issues can be
discussed / migrated if required.

Best wishes,

Neil