Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kelly Kleinfelder <ke...@unboundmedicine.com> on 2003/10/14 19:51:08 UTC

graceful setting in workers2.properties

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.27 and Apache 2.0.47 built with the worker mpm and
mod_jk2 build from the 2.0.2 connectors source.

I'm trying to use the graceful setting in workers2.properties to take one of
the workers out of service, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure
if the lb_value should be changing to reflect the use of graceful, but it's
my suspicion that this is part of the problem.

Thanks,
Kelly

Here's the output from my jkstatus:

      id name lb_factor lb_value route errorState graceful epCount errorTime
      2 localhost:7009 10 10 jvm1 N N 0 0
      3 localhost:7010 1 1 jvm2 N N 0 0

Here's my workers2.properties:

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
serve
rs
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=3
stickySession=1

[lb:lb_1]
info=A second load balancer.
debug=0

[channel.socket:localhost:7009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=jvm1
lb_factor=10
group=lb
debug=3

[channel.socket:localhost:7010]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=jvm2
lb_factor=1
group=lb
debug=3
graceful=1

[channel.jni:jni]
info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:/examples]
info=Example webapp in the default context.
context=/examples
debug=0

Re: graceful setting in workers2.properties

Posted by Klaus Wienert <wi...@rheinland-online.com>.
Try to disable the channel by setting disabled to 1. Then you could
gracefully switch the the sessions from one tomcat to the other. At jkstatus
you could see, that gracefull will be enabled.

Klaus

[channel.socket:localhost:7010]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=jvm2