Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by ki...@prusec.com on 2000/02/25 18:37:24 UTC

[PROPOSAL] new LocatorImpl methods and/or SchemaMessages changes

One of the things I need from the schema implementation is details on
exactly where an error occurs (over and above the line number). For
instance, the message "[Error] :5:66: Incorrect datatype: A is not a
boolean." isn't too helpful if I can't access the document via the line
number. Basically, what I'd like is the name of the element and (if
applicable) the attribute that's causing the problem. As far as I can tell,
there are two ways to do this: (1) modify the error messages and the
methods that call the error reporting methods, and/or (2) modify
LocatorImpl() so that it has setElementName(), getElementName(),
setAttributeName(), and getAttributeName() methods (and update these values
accordingly).

Does anyone have input on what would be the preference (or if neither of
them are appealing)?

Kito D. Mann
Virtua Communications Corp