Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/05/03 15:34:02 UTC

Can we please follow some netiquette in emails.

Lately some people have been replying to emails by just copying the
entire email and appending to the top.   Let's follow netiquette and try
to trim down the emails please.  It's lazy and not proper netiquette to
do this on mailing lists.  More importantly I have no idea which part of
the original author's email is being replied to.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Can we please follow some netiquette in emails.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Lately some people have been replying to emails by just copying the
> entire email and appending to the top.   Let's follow netiquette and
> try to trim down the emails please.  It's lazy and not proper
> netiquette to do this on mailing lists.  More importantly I have no
> idea which part of the original author's email is being replied to.

Also, please do not reply to an existing thread to start a new one.
There are "invisible" header tags from the old thread that will get
tossed into the new one, effectively making it a part of the old thread.

Regards,
Alan