Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/15 16:50:34 UTC

Firefox OS, Wearable Browser

Hi,

Just attending the Wearable talk at Mobile Dev Con.
The speaker shows a few smart watches with a Browser (hence there's a User
Agent even if it may be sublime, especially without proper content
rendering;-)

Earlier Firefox OS was presented and the speaker emphasized, that Mozilla
is committed to Open Standards and also files quite a few with W3C and
other standard bodies.
Throwing away W3C support as "outdated" would clearly push communities like
Mozilla and others away.

Regards,
Werner

Re: Firefox OS, Wearable Browser

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
As mentioned in other Thread, I'm happy to prepare this module.
I would not move it above the "Java" module, otherwise we have a separate
tree branch to maintain and while I can't say, if Eberhard will provide W3C
and non W3C features for C# or VB, it sounds better to keep Java, C# or VB
together. WDYT?

A common parent POM either Apache-parent or a DeviceMap specific seems a
Good practice. At the Moment our Jenkins job won't deploy anything to the
file system or Nexus (Snapshot) like e.g. Wave. Those parent POMs contain
the information and Plugins, so it is crucial to use them. Whether all
sub-modules pointed to Apache-parent or a common DM parent POM, that we can
figure out depending on what the project needs in Addition to centrally
defined Config settings by Apache.org.

.NET or JS based parts like BrowserMap use different systems, at least no
Maven or Gradle;-) We heard, there are dedicated Jenkins nodes for Windows.
It seems quite useful to add a build job against a dedicated Tag like 1.0.0
and a "Nightly" one on trunk.

Werner

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.