Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xiaobo Chen <xi...@cs.dal.ca> on 2006/02/23 21:13:47 UTC

Question about the tutorial for Jetspeed

Hi, all

First, in the "tutorial" directory, I issued

    maven -Dtutorial=1 jetspeed:deploy

then, I copy the "jportal.war" into the Tomcat webapps directory, then I
can access it as:
     http://localhost:8082/jportal/portal

Then, as said in the web page
(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/tutorial/1/topnav.html), I tried to
change some settings there so the "JetspeedResources.properties.merge"
looks like:

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  1. Changing the User login
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
topnav.user_login.enable = false

After saving the change, I cd to the tutorial directory and issue command:

   maven -Dtutorial=1 jetspeed:deploy

and copy the "jportal.war" to the tomcat webapps again. Then I refresh the
portal home page (http://localhost:8082/jportal/portal), I didn't notice
the change of the User Login, they are still there!

I also tried to restart tomcat, same thing.

Could some one tell me where I was wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Xiaobo