Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net> on 2013/08/07 16:45:51 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6464 Create tracker importer for Google Code using CSV and scraping

- **status**: open --> code-review

---

** [tickets:#6464] Create tracker importer for Google Code using CSV and scraping**

**Status:** code-review
**Labels:** import google-code
**Created:** Mon Jul 15, 2013 05:21 PM UTC by Cory Johns
**Last Updated:** Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:23 AM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Since the Google Data API for Issues is deprecated and was scheduled to be shut down already (June 14th, 2013), we'll need to create an implementation using the CSV list and scraping to ensure that the Google Code importer continues to work.

        The list of tickets and their metadata can be retrieved via the CSV export list, e.g., https://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/issues/csv but the ticket body and comments will need to be scraped from the web interface.  The description and comments can be retrieved from, e.g., https://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/issues/detail?id=22 by iterating over the items with `id="hc\d+"` or `class="issuedescription|issuecomment"`.

The description and comments on issues don't support wiki syntax or HTML, so we can just convert them to text.  User mapping will have the same issues, so whatever we end up doing in [#6461] will apply here.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/