Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Bill Humphries <wh...@apple.com> on 2003/06/13 03:33:59 UTC

Some more documentation.

Following on the suggestion to post draft documentation on the
Cocoondev wiki, I worked through the sitemaps and sitemap.log file for
a simple page request in the default publication and wrote it up as:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaGetPageWalkthrough

I can also post my earlier sitemap notes.

-- whump

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Alex McLintock wrote:
> At 10:08 16/06/03 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Alex McLintock wrote:
>>
>>> Are we supposed to be following the convention where our Lenya nodes
>>> in the wiki start "Lenya" or is there some other way to signify a
>>> category? I have seen Lenya/GetPageWalkthrough in Usemod, and also
>>> "Category Lenya" used in other Wiki systems.
>>

>> Maybe we should post this on the cocoon-docs list?
>> It will probably become a general issue for Cocoon subprojects.
>>
>> Alex, would you mind forwarding it there?
>> I don't want to take away your position as the discussion initiator :)
>>
>> Andreas
>

> You mean position as "asker of stupid questions"?
>

> Here is another one. Has anyone written a document comparing Lenya to
> any other CMS?

http://www.cmsreview.com

Thanks

Michael

> I'm probably going to investigate Bricolage which is a perl based CMS
> and I think it might be a good idea
> to do a feature by feature comparison of the two.
>
> Alex

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@owal.co.uk>.

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@owal.co.uk>.

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Bill Humphries wrote:

> Following on the suggestion to post draft documentation on the
> Cocoondev wiki, I worked through the sitemaps and sitemap.log file for
> a simple page request in the default publication and wrote it up as:
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaGetPageWalkthrough

thanks very much.

To me it seems that a "sitemap debugger" which would be visualizing the
walkthrough,
which means it would show you what sitemaps and what pipelines and in
what sequence are being taken
in order to process a request, would be a great tool. I guess one could
implement something like this by
letting people add labels to the various pipelines (and maybe sitemaps,
although they are "localized" by
their location within the filesystem), which are being dumped into the
log files. Then another software would
be analyzing the log file with regard to the "pipeline and sitemap
labels" and visualize the walkthrough.

> I can also post my earlier sitemap notes.

plz do. It's very good to see how people perceive the Lenya sitemaps

Thanks

Michael

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Bill Humphries <wh...@apple.com>.
On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 05:30  AM, Alex McLintock wrote:

> I'm not sure about the best way to include the XML from the sitemap
> though. The lines are so long that the page width gets to be
> unmanageable. However that is a minor quibble.

I went in and edited the sitemap extracts to clean them up following
your example.

> Thanks

No problem.

> Keep it up.

It's one of the best ways to learn how all this works. Again, people
should jump in with amplifications and corrections.

-- whump

Re: Some more documentation.

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@owal.co.uk>.
At 18:33 12/06/03 -0700, Bill Humphries wrote:
>Following on the suggestion to post draft documentation on the Cocoondev
>wiki, I worked through the sitemaps and sitemap.log file for a simple page
>request in the default publication and wrote it up as:
>
>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaGetPageWalkthrough

Brill.