Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by jl...@cohesionforce.com on 2015/10/10 19:04:40 UTC

How to provide a patch?

Hi,

I've done a bit of work that I'm using on a program where I have added
Snappy compression support to the C++ DataFile class.  I also added a
unit test to test the changes.

I would like to make this available to the Avro community, but I don't
know how to do that.  Also - I'm not familiar with the CMake process
for adding Snappy as a dependency, so that part would probably need to
be redone.

Is this as easy as running some kind of patch script to create
something from Subversion?

Thanks,
-J. Langley

Re: How to provide a patch?

Posted by jl...@cohesionforce.com.
Thanks Sean!

I gave it a shot with a git pull request on Avro Issue 1748.  It was
pretty straightforward, but I had to go back and "unformat" a file
that my editor had murdered with whitespace changes.  Now it should be
pretty clear where the changes were made.

Thanks,
-J.

Re: How to provide a patch?

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.