Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vladislav Kamensky <Vl...@atbusiness.com> on 2003/03/21 15:18:38 UTC

refresh command

Is it possible to create Action that will have "forward" which is not specified by
struts-config.xml. I know that I can create Action that will create its own  "forward"
on the basis of  HttpRequest parameter, for example, but I need a bit different thing.

My Action is to be invoked from lots of pages and it should redirect
control flow to the page from which it was called. So, I need a kind of refresh action.
I can't figure out requested page by calling HttpRequest.getRequestURI() method
because my Control is used as a "Tile" (after RequestDispatcher's include() has been
invoked requestURI has value which is not equal to the initial one).

All what I need is to know the "forward" which was used by the system last time.
Having known that I will be able to redirect my Action to the View which was shown
when my Action was invoked.

Is it possible to get "forward" history list ?
Any ideas of how it can be resolved ?
Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Vlad Kamensky,
            @Business  SPb.

Re: refresh command

Posted by Dan Allen <da...@mojavelinux.com>.
Vladislav Kamensky (Vladislav.Kamensky@atbusiness.com) wrote:

> Is it possible to create Action that will have "forward" which is not specified by
> struts-config.xml. I know that I can create Action that will create its own  "forward"
> on the basis of  HttpRequest parameter, for example, but I need a bit different thing.
>
> My Action is to be invoked from lots of pages and it should redirect
> control flow to the page from which it was called. So, I need a kind of refresh action.
> I can't figure out requested page by calling HttpRequest.getRequestURI() method
> because my Control is used as a "Tile" (after RequestDispatcher's include() has been
> invoked requestURI has value which is not equal to the initial one).
>
> All what I need is to know the "forward" which was used by the system last time.
> Having known that I will be able to redirect my Action to the View which was shown
> when my Action was invoked.
>
> Is it possible to get "forward" history list ?
> Any ideas of how it can be resolved ?
> Any suggestions are welcome.

Search the list for how to prevent tiles from changing the
requestURI.  You have to basically intialize the tiles context
inside your action.

Dan

Daniel Allen, <da...@mojavelinux.com>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/