Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by A N <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/22 17:52:55 UTC

Hii client side error

All,

I am getting following error. The deployement went fine and I can list it through the admin tool.

I am getting the following error when I am running the client program. I have soap.jar in my classpath on the console. I am using soap2.3.1 on tomcat 3.3. I have deployed using war file method. Can any one please give me an idea, on where i went wrong!!

Generated fault: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:] [faultSt
ring=org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage] [faultActorURI=/soap/servlet/rpcrouter] [De
tailEntries=
[(0)=<stackTrace>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext.loadClass(SOAPContext.java:564)
        at org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.getTargetObject(ServerHTT
PUtils.java:275)
        at org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider.locate(RPCJavaProvider.java
:117)
        at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:352)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java
:574)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
        at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:4
85)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
java:917)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(
Http10Interceptor.java:176)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:494)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:516)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
</stackTrace>]
] [FaultEntries=]

Thanks

Jim

Re: need a Hint trobule with environment

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Do you use a proxy to get from your LAN to the Internet?  If so, your
SOAP client must likewise use the proxy.

If you use a nightly build of Apache SOAP, you can specify proxy
information on the command line:

    java -Dhttp.proxyHost=xxxx -Dhttp.proxyPort=nn MySoapClient

For Apache SOAP 2.3.1 and earlier, you must programmatically set the
proxy information.  Some of the samples that come with Apache SOAP, such
as guidgen, show how to accept command line arguments to set these
values.

Scott Nichol

Re: Hii client side error

Posted by A N <ge...@yahoo.com>.
All,
Some how the soap.war file has some problems with respect to RPCMessage class.
I have placed the soap.jar file under <tomcat>/lib/common, and the problem got solved.
thanks

Re: Hii client side error