Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 17:55:04 UTC

Wicket tags in output markup may change styles

Hi!

I was creating a website with Wicket and the CSS styles were fine.

Then I decided to replace some texts with <wicket:message /> and it
changed the formatting.

I know setStripWicketTags(true), but I prefer to have it working with
setStripWicketTags(false) in dev. mode.

The html is actually a XHTML transitional. The affected style is related
to "body * { ... }".

I tried things like "body *:* { ... }" and it fixed the problem, but
introduced another ones. I'm even not sure this is a valid CSS syntax.

Has anyone have a hint on a good way to solve this problem?

Sorry to not create a quickstart, maybe this is well know thing, but it
never happened to me till now.

Adriano

Re: Wicket tags in output markup may change styles

Posted by Pointbreak <po...@ml1.net>.
You should at least escape your ':', i.e. something like: BODY
WICKET\:MESSAGE * {   }
But I doubt it will work on any browser. If you really want to keep the
wicket:message tags (imho you're better of without them), you could wrap
them in another container (div/span) and use that conatiner as a css
scope to style your messages.