Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2012/03/11 20:42:03 UTC

[VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

As recommended[1]:

  * the Rat community has indicated that its readiness[2] to graduate as
the Apache Creadur Project
  * the proposed charter has been reviewed[3]

The penultimate stage is this VOTE by the incubator community. The VOTE
is open to all but only IPMC votes are binding.

I will tally the results no earlier than noon UTC on Thursday, March 22,
2012[4].

Robert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3C4F53968D.7070908%40apache.org%3E
[3]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3C4F53B9FB.4030404%40apache.org%3E
[4]
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx?y=2012&mo=3&d=22&h=12&mn=0

-8<-----------------------------------------------------------
[ ] +1 Recommend The Apache Creadur Proposal To The Board (below)
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1 Do not graduate Rat podling

-8<----------------------------------------------------------

  open-source software related to the comprehension and
  auditing of software distributions for distribution at
  no charge to the public.

  Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Creadur Project",
  Foundation; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the Apache Creadur Project be and hereby is
  responsible for the creation and maintenance of open-source
  software related to the comprehension and auditing of software
  distributions; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Creadur" be
  and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
  serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
  of the Apache Creadur Project, and to have primary responsibility
  for management of the projects within the scope of
  responsibility of the Apache Creadur Project; and be it further

  Apache Creadur Project:

   * Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>
   * Brian E Fox <br...@apache.org>
   * David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>
   * David Blevins <db...@apache.org>
   * Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>
   * Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>
   * Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@apache.org>
   * Niall Pemberton <ni...@apache.org>
   * Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>
   * Ross Duncan Gardler <rg...@apache.org>
   * Sebastian Bazley <se...@apache.org>

  NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Robert Burrell
  Donkin be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache
  Creadur, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
  direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
  Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
  disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
  it further

  RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Creadur PMC be and hereby is
  tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
  encourage open development and increased participation in the
  Apache Creadur Project; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the Apache Creadur Project be and hereby
  Incubator RAT podling; and be it further

  Incubator RAT podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
  Project are hereafter discharged.

[RESULT][VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 03/11/12 19:42, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

<snip>

> I will tally the results no earlier than noon UTC on Thursday, March 22,

(Apologies - the convention is 72 hours, and that's what I had mind)

> 2012[4].

I count

(binding)
+1 Ross Gardler
+1 Marvin Humphrey
+1 Mark Struberg
+1 Ate Douma
+1 Alan D. Cabrera
+1 Stefan Bodewig
+1 Martijn Dashorst
+1 Ant Elder
+1 Bertrand Delacretaz
+1 Jim Jagielski
+1 Dennis Lundberg
+1 Jukka Zitting
+1 David Blevins
+1 Matthew B Franklin
+1 David Crossley
+1 Greg Stein

(non-binding)
+1 Robert Burrell Donkin

By my tally, this VOTE passes. If anyone spots any mistakes - please
jump in.

Robert

Re: [VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Mar 12, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...The penultimate stage is this VOTE by the incubator community. The VOTE is
>> open to all but only IPMC votes are binding...
>
> +1

+1

Re: [VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
<rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The penultimate stage is this VOTE by the incubator community. The VOTE is
> open to all but only IPMC votes are binding...

+1

(an easy vote given the all-stars PPMC members list ;-)

-Bertrand

Re:[VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1 (binding)

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1 (binding)

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thanks.

+1

-David

Re: [VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thanks.

+1

-David

[RESULT][VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

I am concerned about the choice of Robert for VP given his
(self-stated) very little time available at the keyboard. The VP
cannot simply spend 30 minutes on a report and be done for the
quarter. The Chair is the project liaison in both directions, and that
usually takes 5-10 hours/month.

Cheers,
-g

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Martijn

Re: [VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Stefan

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Stefan

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> The penultimate stage is this VOTE by the incubator community. The VOTE is
> open to all but only IPMC votes are binding.

  [x] +1 Recommend The Apache Creadur Proposal To The Board (below)

The heavy swings in project activity that RAT/Creadur has experienced
would be a bit alarming for a typical podling, but I don't see that as
an issue given the exceptionally experienced PMC and the use of RAT by
a lot of other Apache projects.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 binding

Regards,
Alan

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1

On 2012-03-11 20:42, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> [...]
>  Donkin be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache
>  Creadur, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
>  direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
>  Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>  disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
>  it further
>
>  RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Creadur PMC be and hereby is
>  tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>  encourage open development and increased participation in the
>  Apache Creadur Project; and be it further
>
>  RESOLVED, that the Apache Creadur Project be and hereby
>  is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>  Incubator RAT podling; and be it further
>
>  RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>  Incubator RAT podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE][IPMC] Graduate RAT as Apache Creadur Project

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

   ...ant

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.