Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by kishore g <g....@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 20:39:34 UTC

Release tasks

Hi,

I started looking at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html. There are lot of
tasks over there, will need some help on making first release.

Any suggestions on how to get started on this ?

thanks,
Kishore G

Re: Release tasks

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM, kishore g <g....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started looking at
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html. There are lot of
> tasks over there, will need some help on making first release.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get started on this ?

I can definitely help, but we need a formal RM assigned to
it from the community side of things. On a related note,
not to detract from the completeness' aspects of the link
you posted, here's an example of what a particular project
used to a great success:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/WHIRR/how-to-release.html

Thanks,
Roman.