Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com> on 2018/10/03 19:39:32 UTC

forbidden access to maven archetype

Hi again... hopefully I am not causing too much trouble :-)

I am getting permission denied to update maven archetype for turbine.  I
was working to build the turbine-webapp-5.0 (mostly working), and got an
error adding the directory structure. I attempted to just "update" a
single file from the 4.0 version and get the following error.  Can you
see if you still have access?  I checked out fresh (using https of
course) and still get this error.

painter@merlin:~/turbine/maven/archetypes/trunk/turbine-webapp-4.0$ svn
commit -m "Testing access to archetypes - cleanup pom file"
Sending        pom.xml
Transmitting file data .svn: E195023: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E195023: Changing file
'/home/painter/turbine/maven/archetypes/trunk/turbine-webapp-4.0/pom.xml'
is forbidden by the server
svn: E175013: Access to
'/repos/asf/!svn/txr/1842751-14gic/turbine/maven/archetypes/trunk/turbine-webapp-4.0/pom.xml'
forbidden

BTW - working with turbine-5.0, the sample app seems to work with
minimal change.  However, I get an NPE when logging out of the
application.  Also, application level logging is NOT working at all
(logs directory isn't created, no log files generated).  Finally, I
haven't made it too far, but it looks like there may be an issue with
the parameter parser (or I didn't recognize the change from the prior
version).

// worked in turbine 4.0.1, broken in turbine-5.0-SNAPSHOT
FileItem fileItem = data.getParameters().getFileItem("file");

// output from test build

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/home/painter/workspace/scoop/src/main/java/com/jivecast/scoop/modules/actions/terms/TermsSQL.java:[33,43]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   method getFileItem(String)
  location: interface ParameterParser

I will look into this further when I have some time... maybe need to
document in migration if there is a new way to access file items?

I have posted my work so far on the new archetype to git until we figure
out the svn access issue.
https://github.com/jlpainter/turbine-webapp-5.0

Thanks!

--
Jeff Painter

CEO and Founder of JiveCast
Software and analytics, made together
https://jivecast.com

301 Fayetteville St. Unit 2301, Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 533-9024