Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/01 00:07:10 UTC

Stack Overflow?

I propose to send email to the user list, and add a note to the Wiki,
indicating that posting questions to Stack Overflow tagged 'cxf' is a good
way to look for help. It seems to me that this site is a more accessible
mechanism in some ways than an email list. However, I could see arguments
against, so please send along thoughts.

Re: Stack Overflow?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sat October 31 2009 7:07:10 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> I propose to send email to the user list, and add a note to the Wiki,
> indicating that posting questions to Stack Overflow tagged 'cxf' is a good
> way to look for help. It seems to me that this site is a more accessible
> mechanism in some ways than an email list. However, I could see arguments
> against, so please send along thoughts.

I'm kind of indifferent on this.   I know from my perspective, I monitor the
email lists a lot better than I do SO.    I only check SO about twice a week
or so, if that.    It's partially cause you cannot do RSS feeds for searches
of CXF, just on tags.   If people were good about always using the cxf tag so
the RSS feed would work, that's less of an issue.

However, I think having some QA type things in other/broader places could help
foster more QA, which could also help.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org