Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bradley Plies <bp...@bulliondirect.com> on 2008/07/19 00:42:11 UTC

Accounting Reports & Payroll

Hi everyone,

Looking over the very impressive 4.0 release, I've noticed a handful of missing features that I would think some of you who use OFBIZ in production have probably solved.  For those of you who actually use OFBIZ in production, to what extent do you make use of the provided out-of-the-box functionality?  Do you use OFBIZ to satisfy some, most, or all of your company needs?  Do you use OFBIZ more for its framework components, for the applications it provides, or both?

Two areas of particular interest to me are Accounting Reports and Payroll.  I know that the OpenTaps variant claims to have more work done in the area of accounting, but for those of you who use OFBIZ itself and need these missing features, how have you met your need?  Do many of you use some other application to do the missing work?  Do you export transactions to Quickbooks or something and use that application to handle your reporting?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, maybe I'm just looking for more up-to-date answers.  I am also not complaining that OFBIZ is deficient in any way.  I really like OFBIZ.  I'm just curious to understand how some of you manage to put it into production even though it "appears" to be missing a few pieces to make it a "basically" complete solution.  I know that since OFBIZ is an open-source project and that features do not get included until someone provides it.  Has anyone been working on these features?  Does anyone know of any people, proposals, or timelines relating to these features?

So in summary:  What do OFBIZ uses do to handle Payroll and Accounting Reports in production?

Brad

Re: Accounting Reports & Payroll

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This is an important point. Your question is about functionality, and
that is what the trunk is all about, so the trunk is what you need to
look at.

This is especially important in this case because a LOT of new
accounting functionality has been added in the last 1.5 years since
the 4.0 branch was done. In fact, so much was added that before you
couldn't really call the OFBiz GL "complete" by any means, but now
with a little configuration you can fill the needs of most
organizations.

-David

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Friends,
I also pleased to have some suggestions from the community about the functionality issues that Brad had talked about because I am facing the same problems here in India. Does the Trunk and the Nightly builds available at http://build.hotwaxmedia.com/ are somewhat differs in terms of functionality as based on there sizes. Please suggest against any ignorance of mine.

Thanks
Brijesh M.

Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Brad,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.