Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/14 20:17:56 UTC

jdbc 4.0 build failure

Hadn't seen it reported elsewhere, I'm getting this error compiling
the JDBC 4.0 classes. It would appear to be a result of the new file
in David's revision 377503.

compile_jdbc4:
    [javac] Compiling 8 source files to C:\derby-trunk\classes
    [javac] C:\derby-trunk\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\jdbc4\TestDbMetaData.java:82:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: interface java.sql.DatabaseMetaData
    [javac]                     checkEmptyRS(met.getFunctions(null,null,null));
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] C:\derby-trunk\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\jdbc4\TestDbMetaData.java:84:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method
    [javac] location: interface java.sql.DatabaseMetaData
    [javac]
checkEmptyRS(met.getFunctionParameters(null,null,null,null));
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] 2 errors

Is anyone else seeing this error?

andrew

Re: jdbc 4.0 build failure

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Hadn't seen it reported elsewhere, I'm getting this error compiling
> the JDBC 4.0 classes. It would appear to be a result of the new file
> in David's revision 377503.
>

> Is anyone else seeing this error?

Yes, just saw it.

Dan.

Re: jdbc 4.0 build failure

Posted by "V.Narayanan" <V....@Sun.COM>.
works for me!

I use build 1.6.0-rc-b71

Narayanan

Re: jdbc 4.0 build failure

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 2/14/06, David W. Van Couvering <Da...@sun.com> wrote:

> I have revision build 1.6.0-rc-b69.  Try upgrading your JDK and see if
> this resolves the problem.

Yep. Upgraded to b70 and it works. Thanks!

andrew

Re: jdbc 4.0 build failure

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I am not getting this error.