Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Miing <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/01 00:44:13 UTC

Does ActiveMQ 4.2 client jar support Java 1.4?

Hi,

I've read in the forum that release 4.2 will require Java 5 to run.

Will it be the same for the client jars?

Reason being that I have an application running in 1.4 that will require the
bug fixes in ActiveMQ 4.2.

It will be great if the client jars can still run under Java 1.4

Thanks

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Does ActiveMQ 4.2 client jar support Java 1.4?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 2/20/07, EricGeode <ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone actually got this to work?
>
> I tried this (retrofitted apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.jar), but still
> cannot run under 1.4. ClassNotFound exception in a Native method.

Have you got a stack trace?

--

James
-------

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Does ActiveMQ 4.2 client jar support Java 1.4?

Posted by EricGeode <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Has anyone actually got this to work?

I tried this (retrofitted apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.jar), but still
cannot run under 1.4. ClassNotFound exception in a Native method.

This is the code I'm trying to run:
		BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
		broker.setUseJmx(true);
		broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");   // <-- This triggers the
error
		broker.start();

My company creates software for other companies. We cannot control what Java
version they run.

Eric
...snip
Any particular reason why you are stuck on 1.4?

FWIW it should be easy to run retrotranslator on the jars to produce
1.4 compatible jars
http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/

...snip

Re: Does ActiveMQ 4.2 client jar support Java 1.4?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 1/31/07, Miing <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read in the forum that release 4.2 will require Java 5 to run.
>
> Will it be the same for the client jars?

Yes

> Reason being that I have an application running in 1.4 that will require the
> bug fixes in ActiveMQ 4.2.
>
> It will be great if the client jars can still run under Java 1.4

Any particular reason why you are stuck on 1.4?

FWIW it should be easy to run retrotranslator on the jars to produce
1.4 compatible jars
http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/

Or just install the retrotranslator JIT to use any Java 5 code on Java 1.4
http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/#jit

--

James
-------