Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/27 14:05:36 UTC

How to select a background image?

In Calc I inserted an image (svg). Then right clicked the image and placed
it in the background. After that I did some further editing that I don't
want to get rid of.

Now I want to edit the image but I can no longer select it since it is
located in the background!

What now…?

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: How to select a background image?

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 14:05 27/08/2013 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>In Calc I inserted an image (svg). Then right
>clicked the image and placed it in the
>background. After that I did some further
>editing that I don't want to get rid of. Now I
>want to edit the image but I can no longer
>select it since it is located in the background! What now…?

In addition to using the Navigator (as has
already been explained), you can (at least
sometimes) select a background image using Ctrl+click instead of plain click.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: How to select a background image?

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Johnny,

Johnny Rosenberg schrieb:
> In Calc I inserted an image (svg). Then right clicked the image and placed
> it in the background. After that I did some further editing that I don't
> want to get rid of.
>
> Now I want to edit the image but I can no longer select it since it is
> located in the background!
>
> What now…?

Open Navigator > Graphics. Double-click the image name in Navigator. You
get green handles. For moving the graphic around the handles are enough.
If you want to edit the graphic, right-click when it has green handles
and arrange it to foreground.

Kind regards
Regina