Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/16 23:11:14 UTC

New Jetspeed Customizer

Hi David,

There use to be a way to add nested layout portlets using the Jetspeed
Customizer. The new version no longer has this feature. Is the nail in the
coffin for this one?

I would like to see an action for adding Folders to the Customizer.

Philip
--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: New Jetspeed Customizer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> David,
>
> <snip>
>
> I've given this some more thought and I think a discrete dojo widget would
> be better for the user. When using nested layouts the screen gets very
> cluttered. Therefore I propose dojo content panels instead of the black
> rectangles.
>
> Philip

Thats fine, but I'd prefer that we discuss this with Steve (on the
dev-list), as he is also working on a nested layout solution for the
/desktop customizer.
We have been throwing around the idea of replacing the /portal
customizer with the /desktop customizer, so its a good time to discuss
the direction we want to go in now

Re: New Jetspeed Customizer

Re: New Jetspeed Customizer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 1/17/07, David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>>
>> Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
>> > Hi David,
>> >
>> > There use to be a way to add nested layout portlets using the Jetspeed
>> > Customizer. The new version no longer has this feature. Is the nail in
>> the
>> > coffin for this one?
>> >
>> > I would like to see an action for adding Folders to the Customizer.
>> >
>> > Philip
>>
>> That feature did not change unless it was accidentally broken.
>> I know it may have problems on certain layouts.
>> Maybe try it on a simple layout
>

> You right it is only on the simple theme. And the button is labeled 'Add
> Portlet'. I propose that we have it on all themes and the button label be
> 'Add Layout'. Do you agree?

Agreed, if the button adds a layout, it should definitely be called "Add
Layout" or "Add Column" and not "Add Portlet"

Re: New Jetspeed Customizer

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Re: New Jetspeed Customizer