Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by GENERIC HUMAN <pm...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/03 14:55:24 UTC

How to implement session ?

This is weird.

ALL the examples on Apache Soap so far are based on clients calling the web
service only once - ie via scope request or application (urrghh).

In reality simplistic scenarios like these are in my experience - rare.
Normally there should be several calls made to the web service thus a
session is clearly needed to store objects on the server and what have you.

Is there any concrete example incorporating session for Apache Soap out
there ? I'm tired of these one-simple-call-per-request pissy examples. If
the session scope cant be done, then someone at Apache Soap should state it
*clearly* in the distribution.

Please help as I would rather not try the Soap solution from M$ :P

Re: How to implement session ?

Posted by RP Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.
It can be done, both directly with the current release and indirectly
through simple extension to get a custom solution. The archives
are your friend.

Re: How to implement session ?

Posted by RP Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.