Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ha...@vnc.biz on 2021/01/28 09:23:27 UTC

NRT - Indexing

Hello,

Hope you're doing good. I am trying to configure NRT - Indexing in my project. For this reason, I have configured autoSoftCommit to execute every second and autoCommit to execute every 5 minutes. Everything works as expected on the dev and test server. But on the production server, there are more than 6 million documents indexed in Solr, so whenever a new document is indexed it takes 2-3 minutes before appearing in the search despite the setting I have described above. Since the target is to develop a real-time system, this delay of 2-3 minutes is not acceptable. How can I reduce this time window?

Plus any advice on better scaling the Solr considering more than 6 million records would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen / Kind regards

Muhammad Haris Khan

VNC - Virtual Network Consult

-- Solr Ingenieur --