Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Stefano Tranquillini <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/25 10:38:26 UTC

Architecture and how works ibatis

Hi everybody.
I've a request: there exist a diagram of the architecture of ibatis? and an
explanation of this?
for architecture i means something like this (this is j2ee) :
http://www.javaportal.it/images/tesi/bonzagni2/Bonzagnic_html_m14d04b4d.png

--
Stefano

RE: Architecture and how works ibatis

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
There's a high-level diagram of the iBATIS internal architecture on page 3
of the doc, but also on the homepage.  But it sounds like you're looking for
something higher level and more globally scoped.  In that case, look at the
diagram you sent, but cross out "EJB Container" and replace it with "Spring"
or "My Services".  And replace all of the "EJB" bubbles with "POJO".

If you're NOT using Spring, then add one bubble called "iBATIS" to the "My
Services" box.

Clinton

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
There's also a diagram on page 7 of the original JPetStore whitepaper....

http://www.clintonbegin.com/JPetStore-1-2-0.pdf

This is a piece of iBATIS history for anyone who hasn't read it.  For those
of you who read my Java 5 Rant, you'll find it interesting how different I
saw the world back in 2002.  Just calling a spade a spade... ;-)

Cheers,

Clinton