Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/27 07:22:54 UTC

Add partition support in saveAsParquet

Hi,

Anyone has similar request?

When we save a DataFrame into Parquet files, we also want to have it
partitioned.

The proposed API looks like this:

def saveAsParquet(path: String, partitionColumns: Seq[String])

--
Jianshi Huang

LinkedIn: jianshi
Twitter: @jshuang

Re: Add partition support in saveAsParquet

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
This is something we are hoping to support in Spark 1.4.  We'll post more
information to JIRA when there is a design.