Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2008/07/18 15:35:37 UTC

Antwort: [Trinidad] Dialogs and parent windows

Hi Kevin,

Do you really need to reload the whole page? With PPR you could also
refresh a bigger area using the appropriate container e.g. trh:tableLayout
or tr:form etc.

Best wishes
Wolfgang

Kevin.A.D'Arcy@aib.ie
18.07.2008 15:12
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
users@myfaces.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
[Trinidad] Dialogs and parent windows

Hi,
I'm using Trinidad in an application and have a popup window used to
gather
user input. Once the user has finished entering their data and the popup
window
has closed, I need to reload the main window. As far as I know there are
only
two ways of accomplishing this:
  - Using JavaScript to force a page reload
  - Using a Faces action to reload the page
I haven't successfully achieved this with either solution. The issue with
the
JavaScript is that there seems to be no link between the popup window and
the parent page (i.e. the opener object is null).
Faces actions also don't seem to be an option since the available
ReturnEvent
handler method can't lead to a Faces navigation event.
Has anyone any ideas for a solution to this problem?
Many thanks,
Kev
Kev D'Arcy
Departmental Solutions