Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Luckhurst <rl...@resmaster.com> on 2007/05/23 09:49:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Re[2]: Can't find index.html

Hi Boyle,

In the case that is causing problems it is https://secure.resmaster.com/ that does not work
but https://secure.resmaster.com/index.html works.

Note that I have no trouble with http:// sites.

>> I find I get a messsage wanting to save or open the home
>> page.

BO> That looks like a wrong mime-type.. Can you check the response header
BO> (eg, via LiveHTTPHeaders extension in FireFox)?

Here is the output from LivrHTTPHeaders

https://secure.resmaster.com/

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: secure.resmaster.com
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:24:25 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 05:26:05 GMT
Etag: "10a8da-4ac-1380f540"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
https://secure.comodo.net/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js

GET /trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js HTTP/1.1
Host: secure.comodo.net

Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:24:58 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:12:45 GMT
Etag: "22678-3e3b-424a61063f540"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

BO> BTW, what *exactly* is the browser prompting you to save (ie, the "home
BO> page")?

The Downloads window pops up and it is showing a temporary html file with the
option to open or remove it.

If I use IE 7 I get the file download window trying to download a file called
secure.resmaster[1] and the Type is resmaster[1]_auto_file.

>> I f I browse
>> to the url/index.html then the page opens fine. What have I
>> forgotten to set up?

BO> Something to do with apache's self-referential URLs and/or the
BO> directory-indexing mechanism...

BO> Check out these two directives:
BO> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#usecanonicalname
BO> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

The Directory Index directive is as follows.

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.shtml index.cgi index.php index.phtml index.php3 index.htm home.html welcome.html

UseCanonicalName was set to Off in the httpd.conf file and it made no difference
set to On.

BO> If, after digesting the information therein and trying a few things, it
BO> still "doesn't work", post back. If you can, quote the headers returned
BO> by the server.

Regards

Richard

Re: [users@httpd]: Can't find index.html

Posted by lists <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>.
Richard Luckhurst wrote:
> Hi Boyle,
>
> Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 4:23:28 PM, you wrote:

Do you have mod_php installed? Since this says apache is sending a php file.

> https://secure.comodo.net/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js
>
> GET /trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js HTTP/1.1
> Host: secure.comodo.net
> Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
> Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
> Keep-Alive: 300
> Connection: keep-alive
>
> HTTP/1.x 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:24:58 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Last-Modified: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:12:45 GMT
> Etag: "22678-3e3b-424a61063f540"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes

This is saying your https is sending javascript, so index.js is the file
it is sending. This should more commonly be text/plain for a javascript
file, then the browser will parse the file and execute the javascript.

~snip~

> The Directory Index directive is as follows.
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.shtml index.cgi index.php index.phtml index.php3 index.htm home.html welcome.html

I see index.php so I'm guessing mod_php is installed.