Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by neerav patel <ne...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 20:53:03 UTC

Problem with Release and Debug Build in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 7.1

Hi,

I am usuing Xerces and I have been working with it and have gotten the
program to write out a XML file properly and nicely in DEBUG mode, I
switched it to Release mode and I got Linking errors.  What is the
problem here?  I have linked the xerces-c_2.lib lib file in the
release Linker->Input place, but still I get the following errors:

ScanView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t * __cdecl
xercesc_2_7::XMLString::transcode(char const * const)"
(__imp_?transcode@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAPA_WQBD@Z) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall XStr::XStr(char const * const)"
(??0XStr@@QAE@QBD@Z)

ScanView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl
xercesc_2_7::XMLString::release(wchar_t * *)"
(__imp_?release@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAXPAPA_W@Z) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall XStr::~XStr(void)" (??1XStr@@QAE@XZ)

ScanView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint"
(__imp_?fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)

ScanView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class
xercesc_2_7::DOMImplementation * __cdecl
xercesc_2_7::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(wchar_t
const *)" (__imp_?getDOMImplementation@DOMImplementationRegistry@xercesc_2_7@@SAPAVDOMImplementation@2@PB_W@Z)
referenced in function "private: static unsigned int __cdecl
ScanView::thrDataProc(void *)" (?thrDataProc@ScanView@@CAIPAX@Z)

Release/InfeedVerifier.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neerav

Re: Problem with Release and Debug Build in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 7.1

Posted by neerav patel <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks that solved it!!!

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Neerav,

Posted by neerav patel <ne...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

I set it to xerces-c_2.lib in that location.

Posted by Minh Thang Dang <th...@hotmail.co.uk>.