Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Gregorio, Nelson" <Ne...@sonda.com> on 2001/03/22 21:31:40 UTC

Torque+default database name

In torque's  mapbuilder class, into doBuild metdod generate dbName is coded,
so if i change db name I´ve compile all class om/peer again (because i need
give a new database name in schema.xml ), my guess is that the name database
must to be read it from TR.properties, e.i. database.default.name=myDBname,
so I just need change this porperties and dont compile again.

In the MapBuilder.vm

    /** the doBuild() method builds the DatabaseMap */
    public void doBuild ( ) throws Exception
    {
        dbMap = TurbineDB.getDatabaseMap("$table.Database.Name");

change for

    /** the doBuild() method builds the DatabaseMap */
    public void doBuild ( ) throws Exception
    {
        dbMap =
TurbineDB.getDatabaseMap(TurbineResources.getString("database.default.name",
"default"));

Maybe other change are necesary : Criteria, TurbineDB

Nelson Gregorio.

Re: Torque+default database name

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
I do not understand the problem here.  Give the database a name in your
schema and refer to it when setting properties in TR.props.

If you've named your database <database name="nondefault"> in the schema
use that in TR.props

database.nondefault.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

etc.

What does the property
database.default.name=nondefault
mean?