Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adib <am...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/25 11:49:26 UTC

What are the units for the session ID length

Hi,

The tomcat session manager documentation claims that for the standard
manager the default sessionIdLength attribute has a value of 16, the
question is 16 what, characters, bytes? When I look at the jessionId
in the URL  such as ( FDD699674D95E77EC9B03232DC761DC3) it has 32
characters, does anyone know for sure what the units are?

Thanks
Adib

Re: What are the units for the session ID length

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/1/25 Adib <am...@gmail.com>:
> The tomcat session manager documentation claims that for the standard
> manager the default sessionIdLength attribute has a value of 16, the
> question is 16 what, characters, bytes? When I look at the jessionId
> in the URL  such as ( FDD699674D95E77EC9B03232DC761DC3) it has 32
> characters, does anyone know for sure what the units are?

Those are bytes.

I updated the docs.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko