Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/23 14:24:04 UTC

simplified chinese problem

When I export pdf file from a order, Simplified chinese characters are
displayed as #####.How to resolve these problems?

Re: simplified chinese problem

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.
I solved this problem.
1. change font family to below in framework/webapp/config/fop.xconf.

2. set field defaultFontFamily's value to SimKai in FoReportDecorator screen
in framework/common/widget/CommonScreens.xml .

Re: simplified chinese problem

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Please feel free to update

Jacques

From: "zhiyongcui" <zh...@gmail.com>

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Ratnesh,

Yes sure, Brajesh, please feel free (for others it's "Fonts in FOP" currently :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-XSL:FO(FOP))

All,

I wonder something: when I created this page I thought that it could be better to have all the possible words to search in the
title, hence it's title "FAQ - Tips - Tricks - Cookbook - HowTo".
But from a long time now, I wonder if we should not simply title it FAQ?
Pro : easier to C/P in emails, ...?
Cons : current references outside of the wiki will not be updated

Jacques

From: "Brajesh Patel" <br...@gmail.com>

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
Brajesh Patel

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: simplified chinese problem

Posted by Ratnesh Upadhyay <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes, its there on FAQ page.

Thanks!

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Brajesh,

From: "Brajesh Patel" <br...@gmail.com>

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
hi,

content of the given link as follows:

You can use TTF fonts in fo.ftl files. You need to use file
"framework/webapp/config/fop.xconf". This file contain following code that
responsible for font family, change font family according to the
requirement, exemple

 I found that I could put this:

<fonts>
  <auto-detect/>
</fonts>

 And FOP now sees all the TTF's that the system knows.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM, zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't do anything .I think it should be a FAQ,but I can't find
> anything
> usable.

Thanks
Brajesh Patel

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: simplified chinese problem

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
hi,
Need to setup font family for this issue.
Please refer for setup font family  "Using TTF fonts in FOP" of
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-OFBizWikiSearch