Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/06 10:38:41 UTC

manual creation of New document..........problem

We are trying to create a new doc manually.. ie we copy the tutorial folder,
rename it to xyz and paste this xyz folder (containing index_en) in the
following places:
build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\bioDept\content\authoring
build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\bioDept\content\workflow\history\authoring
build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\bioDept\content\rcml\content\authoring

And make a node-entry in:
build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\$mypub\content\authoring\sitetree.xml

Now we do  get the node xyz in menus on left but on clicking tht we get an "
Error 404:Page not found" :"The requested document does not exist
The requested document '/xyz.html' with document-id '/xyz' does not exist.
"
So plz tell us where to specify tht doc id...where to make the entry.

Re: manual creation of New document..........problem

Posted by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com>.
qMax <qmax <at> mediasoft.ru> writes:

> Friday, May 6, 2005, 3:38:41 PM, Amna & Kiran wrote:
>
> AK> We are trying to create a new doc manually.. ie we copy the tutorial
folder,
> AK> rename it to xyz and paste this xyz folder (containing index_en) in th
> AK> following places.
>
> After modifying sitetree.xml you usually have to restart lenya application.
> (not whole container)
> Also check details at http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentImportHowTo

errr
we haven't used tat perl code... is it a necessity to run tht code for
importing a doc???
Actually we dont feel like using that perl code as we are still having prb.
with running it. This is what we've supplied as the missing args:

# defaults
$args{'area'}="authoring";
$args{'visible'}="true";
$args{'lang'}="ru";
$args{'workflow'}="workflow.xml";
..
$args{'pub-path'}="C:\ProjectBS\src\apache-lenya-1.2.2-
src\build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\default";
$args{'NODEPATH'}="C:\ProjectBS\src\apache-lenya-1.2.2-
src\build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\default\content\authoring";
$args{'FILENAME'}="D:\file.xml";

And still we are getting the msg:
"Some required arguments missing (pub-path, NODEPATH, FILENAME)

PS: we're not really proficient with perl, or rather we never used it before

Re: manual creation of New document..........problem

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.

--
 qMax

Re: manual creation of New document..........problem

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
> Still doesn't work. :(

what kind of error message do you get? Can you paste the stacktrace?

> Infact we chked by creating a doc "abc" from the UI (editors view->File->new
> Document) and lenya hadnt created any workflow for this one in
> build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\bioDept\content\workflow\history\authoring\abc\

Strange: I also created a doc "abc" with the UI and Lenya did create
the workflow for me. Did you change any pipelines? What version of
Lenya do you use?

> Did u use that perl code???

No, I haven't yet.

Renaud

Re: manual creation of New document.........works, thnx

Posted by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Amna & Kiran <bonita_amna <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Still doesn't work. :(
> Infact we chked by creating a doc "abc" from the UI (editors view->File->new
> Document) and lenya hadnt created any workflow for this one in
> build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\bioDept\content\workflow\history\authoring\abc\
> So it seems like ceating a workflow isn't a necessity, right???.
> Did u use that perl code???
> Cheers

Hey thanx a bunch 4 all your help. Actually we were wrong in that last remark,
the content in our workflow file was wrong....
its working now....

Re: manual creation of New document..........problem

Posted by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Renaud Richardet <renaud.richardet <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> So, let me try this once again :)
> In build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\bioDept\content\workflow\history\authoring ,
> you should not simply copy your xyz-folder, but create a workflow-file
> (see point 3 of  http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentImportHowTo). I
> reused the one from
> context://lenya/pubs/$pub/content/workflow/history/authoring/tutorial/
> It worked for me.
>
> Renaud

Still doesn't work. :(

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.

--
renaud.richardet (at) gmail (dot) com
+41 78 675 9501

Re: manual creation of New document..........problem

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello Amna,

On 5/6/05, Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We are trying to create a new doc manually.. ie we copy the tutorial folder,

I guess you mean a new publication?!

If yes, then there are some other steps you have to take in order to
deploy your publication. It's described in details at