Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robinson Craig <Cr...@nrw.qld.gov.au> on 2007/11/22 01:30:41 UTC

[users@httpd] PDF Byte serving setup for Apache

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in taking a look at PDF byte serving. However, google is
being particularly closed-mouthed about how to do this for Apache, and
all the links on Adobe's website are unfortunately broken. So, if anyone
can please either tell me how to do it, or can send me some urls which
tell me how to do it, I would be greatly appreciative.

Just so you know, we run Apache 1.3.36, so a how-to for that would be
the best.

Cheers, Craig

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.

Re: [users@httpd] PDF Byte serving setup for Apache

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Nov 21, 2007 7:30 PM, Robinson Craig <Cr...@nrw.qld.gov.au> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm interested in taking a look at PDF byte serving. However, google is
> being particularly closed-mouthed about how to do this for Apache, and
> all the links on Adobe's website are unfortunately broken. So, if anyone
> can please either tell me how to do it, or can send me some urls which
> tell me how to do it, I would be greatly appreciative.
>
> Just so you know, we run Apache 1.3.36, so a how-to for that would be
> the best.

There is nothing to be done. Apache supports range requests by default
in all recent version (including 1.3). You will have most luck,
however, if you make sure that the default handler serves the files.
In other words. don't get php or other complex stuff involved.

Joshua.