Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Meyer, Stefan" <s....@sinnerschrader.de> on 2009/06/30 08:59:52 UTC

Firing event when validation failed in JSF2.0??

Hi,

I have the following requirement:

A user enters a date in a textfield. If the date is incorrect or empty
the following inputfields should be disabled via ajax and an error
message is displayed.

The problem is that I cannot send any events when the
conversion/validation fails (invoke application and value changeevents
are not fired).

What I need is a validationFailedEvent. Is this possible with any ajax
library or JSF2.0??

Greetings
Stefan

AW: Firing event when validation failed in JSF2.0??

Posted by "Meyer, Stefan" <s....@sinnerschrader.de>.
I just found out, that JSF 2.0 allows me to register a postValidateEventListener on a component. This should do.