Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com> on 2006/01/26 23:40:06 UTC

RE: No X-Spam-Status (sa_tag_level_deflt = -100.0)

>Hi,
>
>I asked other mailinglists already and nobody could help me with my
>problem,
>since it works sometimes.

Did you ask on the amavis user's list?

>What I am missing in a mail-header is something like this:
>(from another system).
>
>I have similiar problemes with different Linux distris, with SuSE it works
>little bit better, here I am discussing an uptodate Debian-Sid-System.
>Detailed versions you see below.
>
>For spam-reasons I use FQDN instead of the existing configuration. Please
>let
>me know which Info you need too.

>         by client4.local.FQDN (Postfix) with ESMTP id 621E57359
>         for <ab...@client4.local.FQDN>; Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:48:51 +0100 (CET)

>$mydomain = '';

why would you leave $mydomain blank?

>$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -100.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above
>that
>level

set
$mydomain = 'client4.local.FQDN';
and add
@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );

X=Spam headers are only added for recipient domains that are included in
@local_domains_maps.

See:
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

and start reading from:
"No spam-related headers inserted?"

Gary V

Re: No X-Spam-Status (sa_tag_level_deflt = -100.0)

Posted by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>.
Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 00:52 schrieb Gary V:

> The only configurable header field is the X-Virus-Scanned
> ($X_HEADER_TAG, $X_HEADER_LINE), other are not configurable,

I found a workaround to find out which machine wrote the X-Spam-Status. I use
different values for sa_tag_level_deflt

Al

Re: No X-Spam-Status (sa_tag_level_deflt = -100.0)

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
> > why would you leave $mydomain blank?
>
>I tested a lot, and read there was(?) a bug and it was recommended to leave
>it
>blank.

Never heard of a bug of that sort.

> > set
> > $mydomain = 'client4.local.FQDN';
> > and add
> > @local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );
> >
> > X=Spam headers are only added for recipient domains that are included in
> > @local_domains_maps.
>
>Thanks a lot, it took me days to find this out.
>
>Now I get :

>How can I add a comment, which host made the entry. I would like to have
>something like:
>
>X-Spam-Status by ...

You can modify the X-Virus-Scanned line:
it's the $X_HEADER_LINE setting.

The only configurable header field is the X-Virus-Scanned
($X_HEADER_TAG, $X_HEADER_LINE), other are not configurable,
you will have to modify the program. Be sure to only use
allowed characters as the header field head.

Read the amavisd.conf-sample file:
http://www.xmission.com/~jmcrc/amavisd.conf.html
For other amavisd-new related questions, you should join the amavis user's
list:

>Al

Gary V

Re: No X-Spam-Status (sa_tag_level_deflt = -100.0)

Posted by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>.
Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 23:40 schrieb Gary V:

> Did you ask on the amavis user's list?

No, I asked at the german lists Postfixbuch-users, debian and suse. I head no
idea, which is the right list to ask.

> why would you leave $mydomain blank?

I tested a lot, and read there was(?) a bug and it was recommended to leave it
blank.

> set
> $mydomain = 'client4.local.FQDN';
> and add
> @local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );
>
> X=Spam headers are only added for recipient domains that are included in
> @local_domains_maps.

Thanks a lot, it took me days to find this out.

Now I get :

How can I add a comment, which host made the entry. I would like to have
something like:

X-Spam-Status by ...

> See:
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam
>
> and start reading from:
> "No spam-related headers inserted?"

Thanks for this link. I read there, that my question above is amavis related,
but maybe you can answer it in a line.

Al

Re: No X-Spam-Status (sa_tag_level_deflt = -100.0)

Posted by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>.
Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 00:06 schrieb Gary V:

> >set
> >$mydomain = 'client4.local.FQDN';
> >and add
> >@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );
>
> Actually, your domain name is read from /etc/mailname in the
> 05-node_id file so you could actually just get rid of it here.
>
> It would have been nice if the Debian package maintainers added
> a few common settings in the 50-user file like:
> @local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );

I checked this now with my SuSE-9.2-System and the "large" /etc/amavisd.conf
contained these entries.

With the SuSE-machine I have the problem, that i see X-Spam-Status _only_ if
mails are sent within the local network, but I don't see a line with
X-Spam-Status and mails from the internet. I am unsure if this is really a
problem with local mails, but I didn' define any white- or blacklists and
spam is moved to /var/spool/amavis/virusmails, so with the SuSE-machine
"something" seems to work.

Any ideas?

> I hate the new format they have devised. I wrote a little something
> about it but the setup is confusing enough that I don't even know if my
> findings are accurate:
>
> http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/debian-amavisd-new_2.3.3.html

I read this, but it won't help me with my old Suse-system.

galerkin.suse.de:spamassassin-3.0.4-1.3
galerkin.suse.de:perl-spamassassin-3.0.4-1.3
g168.suse.de:amavisd-new-2.1.2-5

A long time ago with SuSE 8.x everything worked fine, but
these configuration-changes can be nightmare for a _user_.

Thank you again!

Al

RE: No X-Spam-Status (sa_tag_level_deflt = -100.0)

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>>$mydomain = '';
>
>why would you leave $mydomain blank?
>
>>$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -100.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above
>>that
>>level
>
>set
>$mydomain = 'client4.local.FQDN';
>and add
>@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );

Actually, your domain name is read from /etc/mailname in the
05-node_id file so you could actually just get rid of it here.

It would have been nice if the Debian package maintainers added
a few common settings in the 50-user file like:
@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );

I hate the new format they have devised. I wrote a little something
about it but the setup is confusing enough that I don't even know if my
findings are accurate:

http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/debian-amavisd-new_2.3.3.html

I wouldn't fault anyone who might be confused or have problems with
this setup.

Gary V