Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bomb Diggy <te...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/13 21:05:32 UTC

Global application object?

Hi,

I'd like to load up an global application object (say
reference it from the ServletContext somehow) with a
collection of data objects I wish to render on my JSP.
 What might be a strategy for doing this?  Do I have
to use another servlet just to load my global object?
Ideally I only want the code to run once, and then the
data will be available via regular methods, like
[GlobalClassInstance].getCollectionOfPersonObjects()...
 The data will be pulled from the database with a
simple SELECT statement.

Any advice is appreciated...