Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk> on 2011/03/03 16:58:53 UTC

Re: How to remove macros from word document ?

Sorry but it is not possible to edit or create macros with HWPF or XWPF.

Yours

Mark B

Re: Document format validation

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
Are the two formats quite similar then Nick? I always thought that the odf
format the OpenOffice employed difered from Misrosofts interpretation of the
ECMA file format. That was the reason I always used the odf toolkit to
manipulate OpenOffice files.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Chris Bamford wrote:
> I am interested in validating the contents of Office Open XML Format
> files to ensure that there are no extras hidden in there (viruses or
> other payload). Are there any POI tools / mechanisms / apis to help me
> achieve this?

If you know what you're looking for then you should be fine to use POI.
Take a look at the openxml4j component to explore the contents of the
file.

Nick

Document format validation

Posted by Chris Bamford <cb...@mimecast.com>.
Hi,

I am interested in validating the contents of Office Open XML Format files to ensure that there are no extras hidden in there (viruses or other payload).
Are there any POI tools / mechanisms / apis to help me achieve this?

Thanks for any pointers.

- Chris