Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/19 14:51:29 UTC

operation based policy

In porting the JSR250 module from 1.x to 2.x I found an interesting
thing in the policy spec.

SCA policy annotations will only be processed when applied to
interface operations
JSR250 policy annotations will only be processed when applied to
implementation operations

I've reconstructed the code to read the JSR250 implementation
annotations and they are stashed away in the implementation
operations.

To take account of this I've added a new operation,
BasePolicyProvider.findPolicies(Operation operation) which can be used
to find all the policies relating to a particular operation. Actually
making this work is problematic. As the code stands at the moment it
looks in the Endpoint (or EndpointReference) the interface operation
(the operation that's passed in) and the implementation operation
collection.

There is more work to do here to work out what the implications are of
implementation inheritance.

Simon