Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Moritz Rebbert <mo...@udo.edu> on 2009/01/09 21:07:54 UTC

Transaction problem with jackrabbit-jca

Hi List,

I've already postet my issue in the users-list[0], but got no answer.
So first of all, sorry for spamming.
But i think this is relevant, because for me it seems that jackrabbit,
doesn't behave like it is intended in the jsr specification.

If you think this is irrelevant, I would appreciate a small note why yout think it is.

So here a short description of my issue:

I use Bean Managed Transaction within an EJB.

In the jsr-170 there is example code where the Repository.login() method
is called before the utx.begin() and utx.commit() of a UserTransaction.[1]

But when I test the code and do an utx.rollback() the repository
operations i do between utx.begin() and utx.commit() won't be
rolledback.

To Enlist the Repository XAResource to the UserTransaction the login()
has to occure between utx.begin() and utx.commit().

Is that the intended behavior? Is it possible to manually enlist the Resource?

If you think this is a configuration or version problem, i could post my
code, settings and versions i use.
I already send some information in my jackjabbit-users post[0].

But first of all, i would appreciate a small feedback if this is really
an issue or not.

Regards
Moritz Rebbert

[0]http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/9383