Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Kevin Williams <kj...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 23:01:54 UTC

ComponentTestCase vs. CompositeTestCase

I am looking at the tests in itest/spec-api and wonder why there is a
ComponentTestCase as well as a CompositeTestCase.  It looks like
CompositeTestCase is just a subset of ComponentTestCase.  Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
--Kevin

Re: ComponentTestCase vs. CompositeTestCase

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Kevin Williams wrote:
> I am looking at the tests in itest/spec-api and wonder why there is a
> ComponentTestCase as well as a CompositeTestCase.  It looks like
> CompositeTestCase is just a subset of ComponentTestCase.  Am I missing
> something?
>
> Thanks,
> --Kevin

Kevin,

If I understand these tests correctly, CompositeTestCase is similar to
ComponentTestCase except that it uses a nested composite. We could
probably move some of the test logic to a common class reused by these
two test cases.

--
Jean-Sebastien