Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM> on 2011/12/06 14:54:08 UTC

Updating Child Component Markup from Ajax

I know that I need to call AjaxRequestTarget.addComponent() to re-render a
component from Ajax, and that I must have previously called
component.setOutputMarkupId(true). But the javadocs for AjaxRequestTarget
aren't clear on whether only this single component is updated, or whether
all its children are updated as well.

My intent it to update all the children, too, but I haven't gotten it to
work yet. Do I need to call setOutputMarkupId(true) on each individual
child as well?

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**

Re: Updating Child Component Markup from Ajax

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
Finally figured it out. I was calling the AjaxRequestTarget.addCopmonent()
inside a modal content, instead of from the page where I created the
modal. Basically, it was trying update the wrong page (wrong set of
markup).

Thanks for the insights.

From:   Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   12/06/2011 08:28 AM
Subject:        Re: Updating Child Component Markup from Ajax

Check Ajax Debug Window for any errors.
Maybe the parent component is connected with <wicket:container> or
also have .setRenderBodyOnly(true). Check that the produced markup for
the parent component has id attribute.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend

**

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

From:   Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   12/06/2011 08:06 AM

>Do I need to call setOutputMarkupId(true) on each individual
>child as well?

no, just the top most component you want to be redrawn has to have a
markup id. All its decendants will be updated as well.

Sven

Am 06.12.2011 14:54, schrieb Richard W. Adams:
> I know that I need to call AjaxRequestTarget.addComponent() to re-render
> component from Ajax, and that I must have previously called
> component.setOutputMarkupId(true). But the javadocs for
AjaxRequestTarget
> aren't clear on whether only this single component is updated, or
whether
> all its children are updated as well.
>
> My intent it to update all the children, too, but I haven't gotten it to
> work yet. Do I need to call setOutputMarkupId(true) on each individual
> child as well?
>
> **
>
> This email and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.
 Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others,
and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express
permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the
e-mail and destroy all copies.
> **

**

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.