Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Franklin George <fr...@protegrity.com.INVALID> on 2019/04/18 16:49:35 UTC

Support Gradle for building NAR

Hi,
Can you please provide the support to build NAR Files using Gradle too?
Currently, the only solution available is to use a 3rd party Gradle plugin: https://github.com/sponiro/gradle-nar-plugin for Packaging custom processors into NAR Files.

Regards,
Franklin George

Re: Support Gradle for building NAR

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.
Something to keep in mind is that the master branch of the nifi-maven
plugin has been updated recently to include additional logic for
generating and including metadata information in the resulting NAR.
This is a stepping stone to adding support for hosting NAR extension
bundles in NiFi Registry.

I support providing/maintaining a NAR Gradle plugin for the community.
If we do so, it should support the same capabilities as the NAR Maven
plugin, including the recent work on master.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Franklin,

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Could you create a jira for this new feature?  I tried to see if there was
one already, and I couldn’t find one.