Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Peter Danielsen <wi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 15:30:21 UTC

Axis2 codegen template modularization

Hi,

I've been trying to create my own Axis2 codegen XSLT templates and
would like to factor out some common templates to a separate file
that can be included by others.  An example is a template that
generates a method signature.  It would be included in a template
that generate an interface and in one that generates an implementation
class.

The current URI resolver used by the
AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter, XSLTIncludeResolver, requires
the value of an <xsl:include>'s href
attribute to be a property that's in its CodeGenConfiguration object.
It looks like the only way to set the property is to write code.
I'd rather just refer to it directly (setting the href to a value
that can be found by getResourceAsStream).  This should make
it easier to maintain the templates since there won't be duplicate
code to update when something changes.

I can open a JIRA and submit a patch that supports the current property
mechanism and the direct reference, if you'd like.

Peter

Re: Axis2 codegen template modularization

Posted by Peter Danielsen <wi...@gmail.com>.
Dims,

I've opened JIRA 2749 for this issue and have attached a patch, a
JUnit test, and a test template.  As noted, in the JIRA, it looks like
a change is needed to the maven files for codegen so that the
template, which is in a new directory under the "test" tree, can be
found when the test is run.  I don't know how to do that in maven, but
if you can tell me I'll add a patch for that, too.  The test passes
when I run it in my own ant environment.

Peter

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Sure. thanks!.