Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/05 18:45:01 UTC

Ofbiz explorer plugin

Hello,

I want to give you an update on my ongoing project the Ofbiz Eclipse
Explorer.
The code is  not "production ready" yet. That means there are still
features that are not turned on, or not fully implemented.

The project site is here:
https://github.com/rasztasd/ofbiz-eclipse-project-explorer

I would recommend you to checkout the code. Import the org.ofbiz.plugin
project in eclipse as a Java project (You can use Git plugin too). Open
plugin.xml with the Plug-in manifest editor (default) and on the top
right corner press Export "Deployable plugins and fragments". By default
you only need a stock 3.6 Java Eclipse.

After you installing the plugin, you can turn on the Ofbiz explorer
view, by clicking: Window->Show view->Other->Ofbiz explorer

Current feature sets.
A view that shows a Tree of Ofbiz artifacts.
-Projects
-Directories (hotdeploy subdirectories, framework, application, etc)
-Components
-Webapps
-Services
-Entites
-Controller.xml entries

There is a filter on top of the Tree where you can search for:
-service names
-uri's like /admin/control/doSomething (note that the "control" is
hard-coded and not calculated from web.xml)
-entites

There are popup menus associated to these Tree item's.
Service, Controller.xml entries and Entites has go to definition in the
Xml file (shows up the editor and selects the corresponding line number)
Java service has a go to Java implementation.

If you click on Analyze all in the View then every Java Services are
parsed (by static code parsing). It will mark lines in the Java editor
with errors where you use a Service input or output parameter that you
didn't define in the service's Xml definition. The implementation is
very basic, it will only find those places where you use a string
literal for the Map's key.

Re: Ofbiz explorer plugin

Posted by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>.
If it's needed then I can make the plugin to work on Eclipse SDK too,
but I don't see any reasons to support it.

Anyway the Eclipse Java version may work too.

Re: Ofbiz explorer plugin

Posted by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>.

RE: Ofbiz explorer plugin

Re: Ofbiz explorer plugin

Posted by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>.
There is a new update on the project. It contains some new icons.

RE: Ofbiz explorer plugin

Re: Ofbiz explorer plugin

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,