Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by William Bagby <wi...@adone.com> on 2001/02/16 22:16:06 UTC

IllegalStateException

Here's the error I got:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to change ContentType after calling
getWriter() (cannot change charset from 'null' to 'UTF-8')
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.RuntimeException.(RuntimeException.java:47)
              at
java.lang.IllegalStateException.(IllegalStateException.java:45)
              at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.setEncoding(ServletResponseImp
l.java:513)
              at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.setContentType(ServletResponse
Impl.java:202)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
              at
:123)
              at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:744)
              at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:692)
              at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:251)
              at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:363)
              at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:263)
              at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

I have not seen this error before.  Any ideas?

Setup:
Solaris 2.6
Weblogic 5.1
Cocoon 1.7.4

William Bagby

ESQL problems on Linux but not Win2k?

Posted by Lars Holm Nielsen <la...@hankat.dk>.
Hi,

I have installed Cocoon 1.8.2 on my Win2000 and Mandrake 7.2 both running
Tomcat 3.2.1,   Sun JDK 1.3 and MySQL 3.23 - both with identical
configurations except for paths and other systems specific settings.

Now, my problem is that I when i modify the esql example provided, so that
it connects to my database in MySQL using username and password, and runs it
on my Win2k installtion it works fine. But when I do the same on my Mandrake
installationen, it won't connect to the database and returns and error
message saying that. Now if I change the database to the "test" database,
which is installed with mysql, imports the tables and data in to the "test"
database, and don't specify any username and password. Then my Mandrake
installation connects to the database just fine and fetchs the data. This
seems really strange, while I'm allowed to connect to all databases which
doesn't require a username and password, but those which does, I'm not
allowed to connect to.

I just can't figure out, why it wont work under Mandrake when it works in
Win2k when it's identical, and why I'm allowed to connect when I'm not using
password and username.

Anyone have a clue about what could be wrong?

Regards,
Lars Holm Nielsen

P.S I've tested that I can connect to the database on the server with the
username and password that I'm using and that I can fetch the data which i
request using the commandline utility from MySQL.