Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dominik Wosiński <wo...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 10:43:35 UTC

SQL Client Limitations

Hey,

Do we have any list of current limitations of SQL Client available
somewhere or the only way is to go through JIRA issues?

For example:
I tried to make Group By Tumble Window and Inner Join in one query and it
seems that it is not possible currently and I was wondering whether it's
and issue with my query or known limitation.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Dominik.

Re: SQL Client Limitations

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Eron,

yes, FLINK-9172 covers how the SQL Client will discover ExternalCatalog
similar to how it discovers connectors and formats today. The exact
design has to be fleshed out but the SQL Client's environment file will
declare catalogs and their properties. The SQL Client's gateway will
then perform the communication to external systems.

Regards,
Timo

Re: SQL Client Limitations

Posted by Eron Wright <er...@gmail.com>.