Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN <vi...@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2003/02/20 15:07:24 UTC

How can I know why I have no sitemap_xmap.java file ?

I try to have my Cocoon webapp working under tomcat 4.0.6 and Redhat 7.2

I'm using cocoon 2.0.2 and there's no way I can run my webapp (which is running fine with tomcat 4.0.1)

The problem is that I have no log at all explaining why I can't see my pages.

The fact is that I have no java file generated in the "$CATALINA_HOME/work" directory, which is quite strange.

How can I know more about the problem since I have no explicit error message ?

I tried with both Sun and IBM JVM 1.4 and it solves nothing

Vincent

Re: How can I know why I have no sitemap_xmap.java file ?

Posted by Chris Wilkes <cw...@ladro.com>.
On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 03:07:24PM +0100, MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:
> I try to have my Cocoon webapp working under tomcat 4.0.6 and Redhat 7.2
>
> I'm using cocoon 2.0.2 and there's no way I can run my webapp (which
> is running fine with tomcat 4.0.1)
>
> The problem is that I have no log at all explaining why I can't see my pages.
>
> The fact is that I have no java file generated in the
> "$CATALINA_HOME/work" directory, which is quite strange.

Check Tomcat's server.xml file.  You should have something like this in
there, note the underlining:
  <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
   unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
which means that when you place the cocoon.war file under
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps it will automatically deploy.  You should see a
cocoon/ directory made with the files in there.  Go to your tomcat
server's /cocoon URL and you should see the welcome page.

Chris