Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mi...@actuera.nl on 2002/07/03 15:55:11 UTC

Readline

Sorry to bother with this (somewhat) off-topic:

Anyone with experience with the readline lib?

I am rebuilding apache as apxs, and that went fine. Also I am building PHP
4 and for one of that components I needed the readline lib (I believe it
was for libxml). If I do a ldconfig -v | grep "readline" I get the readline
lib; man readline gives me neatly stuff about readline and how to use it.

So I write a simple program in C:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <readline/readline.h>
#include <readline/history.h>

int main(void)
{
     char *stringey;
     stringey = readline("Gimme : ");
     printf("You gave : %s\n",stringey);
     return 0;
}

I get this error:
$ gcc rdln.c -o rdln
/tmp/ccUtyPAm.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccUtyPAm.o(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `readline'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Re: Readline

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 09:55, Michiel_Lange@actuera.nl wrote:

> Sorry to bother with this (somewhat) off-topic:
>
> Anyone with experience with the readline lib?
>
> I am rebuilding apache as apxs, and that went fine. Also I am building PHP
> 4 and for one of that components I needed the readline lib (I believe it
> was for libxml). If I do a ldconfig -v | grep "readline" I get the readline
> lib; man readline gives me neatly stuff about readline and how to use it.
>
> So I write a simple program in C:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <readline/readline.h>
> #include <readline/history.h>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>      char *stringey;
>      stringey = readline("Gimme : ");
>      printf("You gave : %s\n",stringey);
>      return 0;
> }
>

> I get this error:
> $ gcc rdln.c -o rdln
> /tmp/ccUtyPAm.o: In function `main':
> /tmp/ccUtyPAm.o(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `readline'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

  Try 'gcc rdln.c -o rdln -lreadline'