Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org> on 2002/10/11 18:44:00 UTC

Developer wishes to donate project to Apache

Frank Cohen, author of TestMaker software (from www.pushtotest.com) would like to
donate the software to Apache (Jakarta).  TestMake is similar in purpose to Apache
JMeter, but very different in execution.  There are possibilities of sharing code between
the two projects, and swapping capabilities.

Frank would like to open a dialog with whomever is in charge of making any decisions
regarding this.  Whom should he contact?

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Re: TestMaker and Jakarta

Posted by Frank Cohen <fc...@pushtotest.com>.
>> Your "viable community" comment has me puzzled. Would you please explain
>> your thoughts on the makings of a viable Apache community? I'm very
>> flexible and creative. Your comments might show me a better way of running
>> this project.
>
> Essentially it comes down to having a larger more diverse community. Warnings
> signs in your email "I respond to 90% of them myself.", "While this is still
> primarily a solo show". If there was 4-5 people who were consistently active
> this would be less of an issue.

That makes sense to me. I'd like to go steady for a while too before getting
your pin. :-)

Re: TestMaker and Jakarta

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 07:21, Frank Cohen wrote:
> Thanks for pointing out the Incubator. It looks like a fine way to get
> started. I will follow-up with the Incubator process later this month when
> things quiet down for the holidays.

kool.

Re: TestMaker and Jakarta

Posted by Frank Cohen <fc...@pushtotest.com>.
Thanks for pointing out the Incubator. It looks like a fine way to get
started. I will follow-up with the Incubator process later this month when
things quiet down for the holidays.

Your "viable community" comment has me puzzled. Would you please explain
your thoughts on the makings of a viable Apache community? I'm very flexible
and creative. Your comments might show me a better way of running this
project.

Thanks.

-Frank

--
Frank Cohen, Founder, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone: 408 374 7426

PushToTest offers free open-source test software and global services
solutions that test, monitor and automate Web Service systems for
functionality, scalability and performance.

Re: TestMaker and Jakarta

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

TestMaker and Jakarta

Posted by Frank Cohen <fc...@pushtotest.com>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 10/11/02 2:55 PM, "Jon Scott Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 2002/10/11 9:44 AM, "Mike Stover" <ms...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Frank Cohen, author of TestMaker software (from www.pushtotest.com) would
>> like
>> donate the software to Apache (Jakarta).  TestMake is similar in purpose to
>> Apache
>> JMeter, but very different in execution.  There are possibilities of sharing
>> code between
>> the two projects, and swapping capabilities.
>>
>> Frank would like to open a dialog with whomever is in charge of making any
>> decisions
>> regarding this.  Whom should he contact?
>
> RTM?
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html
>
> -jon

Why not bring into Jmeter?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)

Re: Developer wishes to donate project to Apache

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2002/10/11 9:44 AM, "Mike Stover" <ms...@apache.org> wrote:

> Frank Cohen, author of TestMaker software (from www.pushtotest.com) would like
> donate the software to Apache (Jakarta).  TestMake is similar in purpose to
> Apache
> JMeter, but very different in execution.  There are possibilities of sharing
> code between
> the two projects, and swapping capabilities.
>
> Frank would like to open a dialog with whomever is in charge of making any
> decisions
> regarding this.  Whom should he contact?

RTM?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco